Gas stove burners are widely appreciated for their unadorned usage and easy temperature adjustment. They are comprehensively used in households all around the world as not only they are easy to operate, but maintain and use as well. The public interest in gas stove burners has skyrocketed over the last couple of decades.
However the question arises, what efforts must be taken in order to ensure proper maintenance of gas stove burners and for that, it is highly required that they should be cleaned regularly. So let’s find out how can one clean gas stove burners at home!
Things Required To Clean Gas Stove Burners:
Following is a list of things required to clean gas stove burners at home-
- Baking soda- As a base, baking soda dissolves organic compounds like dirt, grease and other sticky ickies. In addition, the mineral structure of each baking soda particle provides a gentle abrasive to clean without leaving scratches behind.
- White Vinegar- Vinegar is required to clean the burners properly as it kills household bacteria, and dissolves dirt, debris and grime.
- Tooth Brush- Tooth brushes is used to tackle with small but stubborn dirt and grease particles.
- Metal Brush- Metal brushes are used for cleaning, deburring, rust and oxide removal, surface preparation, and surface finishing.
- Water- Hot water is required to lift away grimes off the dirty stove
- Pot holder
- Spray bottle
How To Clean Gas Stove Burners?
- It is of utmost importance to ensure that the burners are completely cool so the skin doesn’t get burned. The grates, burners caps and heads should be removed carefully, preferably with the help of a pot holder.
- Fill a bowl with half water and half white vinegar and place the grates into the bowl until they are completely covered and allow them to sit in the solution for at least half an hour.
- Rinse the grates after removing them.
- Create a paste by mixing water and baking soda and use it to coat the grates. Let the grates rest for almost half an hour.
- Remove the residue with the help of a toothbrush or metal brush carefully.
- Before reassembling, rinse, dry & clean the burner heads.
- The burner heads and caps must be cleaned in the same way./
How Often Should You Clean The Burners On Your Stove?
It depends upon the usage of the gas stove burners which decides how often they should be cleaned. If you live in a huge family who uses stove burners throughout the day then make sure to clean them once a week. However, if they are being used a couple of times in a month then cleaning them once during that whole period would be sufficient.
Nonetheless, it is of utmost importance to know that dishwashers can be used now and then to remove temporary stains but for a better and more impactful cleaning, vinegar and baking soda must be used.
From the above article, it has been established that it is foremost to clean the gas stove burners from time to time to ensure their proper maintenance.
If you are living alone and use the gas stove only on several occasions, then wiping the stove with a wet cloth should work out just fine to get rid of temporary stains and dirt particles.
However, proper cleaning must be done a couple of times a month with the help of a brush, water, vinegar and baking soda to deal with dirt, debris and grimes.
Not only a clean stove would increase the hygiene of your kitchen, but would also provide you with a sense of satisfaction and enjoyment.